Dibyajyoti Purushottam

Dibyajyoti Purushottam
Prospectives of Past, Present & Future; And Foresightedness

Search My Blog

05 November, 2017

Jio Review - 1

Thoughts for 05-Nov-2017: Jio Tricks (Part-1) RJIL USP

The period for one payment cycle is only 28 days instead of one month. It means there are 13 such cycles in a year instead of 12 – an increase of 8.33%.

The plans are time bound – and not data bound. This means that to retain the service one has to pay regularly – in case of data price you are allowed to use data fully at your own required / convenient rate.

The FUP for data is fixed daily – if you don’t use that in one day it is lost. If the FUP is fixed monthly / cycle-wise, then you can use it for bigger downloads on some days by saving on other days.

The Data Usage / consumption seems to be more than usual – may be the data counter is calibrated on the higher side.

But because of its very low price people have subscribed it.

According to their parlance:

Month means 28 Days

Unlimited Data means 1 GB (or FUP) per Day

Unlimited SMS means 100 per Day

I am an admirer of this Jio scheme of things. So I am giving some constructive remarks so that things may improve. I am afraid I may not remain so because of their so-called 4G speed. (To be continued- Part-2)